The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
i have a ton of cherries in a 40B. I also bought yellows that were in there for a week. I see a few babies that are about 1/2" and they are clearish purple..

any thoughts?
You had yellows with RCS for a week? I think what you might be seeing is the wild types.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
You had yellows with RCS for a week? I think what you might be seeing is the wild types.
Could be. Only takes less than a second for a male to get a female at the right time. I would watch them closely and if they don't redden up and start to go gray or brown, cull them out or they can ruin your whole cherry population. I had 3 different neo species in a 20long with tank dividers but the babies were getting around the dividers, so now they have all been moved as I didn't want 1 baby hiding till it was old enough to breed and get its genes into the wrong neo side. lol

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
Could be. Only takes less than a second for a male to get a female at the right time. I would watch them closely and if they don't redden up and start to go gray or brown, cull them out or they can ruin your whole cherry population. I had 3 different neo species in a 20long with tank dividers but the babies were getting around the dividers, so now they have all been moved as I didn't want 1 baby hiding till it was old enough to breed and get its genes into the wrong neo side. lol
What did you ever end up doing with that 20 long? I remember reading how you were fighting filtering problems with the different sections.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
What did you ever end up doing with that 20 long? I remember reading how you were fighting filtering problems with the different sections.
Its all open now for the cherries, snowballs are going to move in with the crystals, yellows in their own, and tigers in their own tank. Easier that way. lol.

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
Its all open now for the cherries, snowballs are going to move in with the crystals, yellows in their own, and tigers in their own tank. Easier that way. lol.
(Sorry to hijack the thread a little bit!) Will you be doing scape for the 20g long? Picture :D? (your sig needs a fix then haha)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.