Hello and thanks for dropping by my 120P journal!
For my entire life, I've only had tanks under 15 gallons. As a kid, I remember starting from a good ol' fish bowl, to saving up and buying my first tank, the Marineland Eclipse 12. And even as an adult, the largest I've ever ran was my ADA 60P. For my entire life, I've been wanting to have a larger aquarium, and I finally feel like I have the time, budget, and space to have one and do it the way I want to. I'm super curious to see how my experience in the past will translate to this larger scale!
This build is definitely not a budget build. And I definitely don't know exactly what I'm doing. But I look forward to the lessons to learn and experiences coming up. I will do my best to update this journal with my successes and failures, and I hope the community can benefit from them!
With all that said, here is where things are at:
Phase: Growing and fish selection
Last updated: 01/23/2023
Code Powering the APEX:
- Cabinet - Custom built 120cm.
- [Lighting] Armacost Ribbon Flex Pro 3000K, 120 LED's meter.
[Lighting] Armacost 45W Driver
- Tank - ADA 120P
- Automation - Neptune APEX classic
- CPR CS102 HOB overflow box, modified to use a Herbie style drain.
- Trigger Systems Platinum Sump 26
- Biohome Ultimate Media
- COR15 return pump
- Chihiros 90" WRGB2
- FluxAqua White Light Screen
- iQuatics stainless steel universal hanging kit
- Reef Octopus Essence 130 Protein skimmer (as reactor)
- Linde SS regulator with Parker h3a metering valve.
- Above tank watering system
- Kamoer FX-STP Continuous Duty dosing pump
- Misecellaneous equipment that I really like:
- Colder 1/2" barb quick connect adapters.
- Monitoring Equipment
- Pinpoint pH probe
- Hanna KH colorimeter
For anyone interested in using an APEX and would like an example, below is a link to my github repository where I will be recording stuff for this tank. For my own understanding, I try to comment what each line is doing.
APEX code powering my 120P. Circa 2022. Contribute to puopg/ada-120p-2022 development by creating an account on GitHub.
- ADA Amazonia Ver. 1
- ADA La Plata Sand
- ADA Power Sand Advance M + Pumice blend as base layer
- Monte Carlo
- Dwarf Hairgrass
- Staurogyne Repens
- Anubias Nana
- Buce, Wavy Green
- Buce, Kedagang
- And 2 other buces
- Rotala Green
- Mayaca Fluviatilis
- Water Wisteria
- Java Fern, Trident
- Java Fern, Narrow
- Mini Pellia
- Fissidens Miroshaki
- Hydrocotyle Verticillata
- Hydrocotyle Tripartita Japan
- Weeping moss above water
- Cool plants above water