The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I am new here but not new to owning fish tanks. I really wanted to start a tank for shrimp this time, specifically pumpkin shrimp. I was wondering if there are other fresh water shrimp that can go with them. And what snails would you suggest to go with them? Also what lighting would be best if I wanted to get plants that are harder than java moss/anubias? What food do you all suggest for the shrimp? Thank you!:laugh2:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hi, welcome to the shrimp world! I am not knowledgeable on lighting and I know someone can probably help you on that. My rcs shrimp tank has low lighting. For other shrimp that might be nice with pumpkins are green babaulti, or orange eyed tiger shrimp. Bamboo shrimp are awesome, too. Mts are always a good addition for snails and nerites. There are a lot of variety in shrimp foods and others can tell you more; I feed mine a small piece of algae wafer about once a week. Have fun!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.