The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone knows of a pump or power head that allows attaching tubing to the inlet. It would be used in a 5G, so I'm looking for something small and not too powerful. Alternatively a small in-line pump would be nice too.

Thanks,
Harry

·
Registered
884 Posts
For what use? Co2 venturi, reserve flow UG filter, or to make a powered sponge filter?
Just for clarity, you do mean a 5gal. tank?

·
Registered
743 Posts
5G?? are you sure ? i just cant think of any power head that are NOT too powerful for your tank.:) maxijet allow you to attach flexi tub but again any maxi will make your tank looking like tsunami

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm thinking of putting together a DIY external canister filter for the tank since it's hard to find a decent small canister for such small tanks. So yup, it's a 5G tank.

Basically the idea I had at first was to put in a power head/pump (one of those tiny ones) and from the outlet of that pump attach a whole bunch of plumbing parts that would make the canister filter. However, in that scenario, the pump would be the first part in the whole chain of things and would get the dirtiest and possibly clog before the filter was even decently dirty. So my idea now is to see if I can come up with a pump/power head that can sit at the end of the whole thing. But that would require either a small in-line pump or a small pump that sits in the tank, but the inlet of it is attached to the DIY canister filter.

Hope that clarifies things a bit more.

Thanks,
Harry

·
Registered
884 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
I once used a Mini-Jet 404 in 5g reef tank for circulation. You could adjust the output.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts