The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi KyleT,

I found it fairly straightforward and easy to understand. I like the fact it will send a reminder via e-mail or PM. I also like the fact that it will keep track of my testing results, plant types, and fish types, and expenses (I think it like that part!).

I found the calendar to be awkward and slow, especially if I had to go back a year or more for a date. I would prefer scientific names for the plants and fish listed first, common names second. Lastly, since not all plant or fish types can possibly be listed, how about an option to input our own information/types?

I look forward to seeing if the reminders work tomorrow. Keep of the good work.

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
Hi KyleT,

I found it fairly straightforward and easy to understand. I like the fact it will send a reminder via e-mail or PM. I also like the fact that it will keep track of my testing results, plant types, and fish types, and expenses (I think it like that part!).

I found the calendar to be awkward and slow, especially if I had to go back a year or more for a date. I would prefer scientific names for the plants and fish listed first, common names second. Lastly, since not all plant or fish types can possibly be listed, how about an option to input our own information/types?

I look forward to seeing if the reminders work tomorrow. Keep of the good work.

I agree with the plant/ fish types. Those listed are just the plants listed in the plant finder here on this site.

I would liek a shrimp option as mine is a shrimp only tank.

Havign the calender display a year at a time would be valuable.

Craig

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I think he means pick the date, because I found that fustrating too.

·
Banned
1,241 Posts
I'm just going to put my initial points in this thread:

-Move around calendar by year, not just back and forth in months. (As mentioned already). The pop-up calendar when you choose a date you started the tank.
-Add fish manually, rather than by drop down. Making that a complete list and keeping it searchable would be a tall task. People will "argue" over common names.
-more lighting options T8, T12
-Add "other" to the bottom of every drop down menu.

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
• a way to delete a tank. I accidentally created 2 somehow.
• agree with the pop-up calendar to set tank date.. a manual way is faster
• agree with fish names.. I have fish that's not on the list.

How do I create an event that shows on the 'log'?

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
This seems to be pretty easy to use, except for the date. And, that may just be for inputting older dates, for the first setup of a tank. I really would like the calendar to be at least a 3-4 month one, not just one month.

As easy as this is to use, I'm still undecided about how beneficial it will be. Collecting costs is a definite positive, making it easy to maintain a diary for a tank is a positive. I suspect my use of this will be much more the record keeping part than the reminders part.

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
• a personal note field is probably useful.. You can write down what you did right or wrong.

• some aquarium fish app searches fishbase.org? (or something like that) for fish info: common name & scientific name, ph, size etc.... I believe fishbase has a API that will allow you to do this but it's an awfully slow server.

·
I ♥ BBA!
12,768 Posts
A way to delete information such as fish sold or when you get rid of a particular plant would be nice. Overall, it is a nice program.

·
Premium Member
13,533 Posts
• a way to delete a tank. I accidentally created 2 somehow.
• agree with the pop-up calendar to set tank date.. a manual way is faster
• agree with fish names.. I have fish that's not on the list.

How do I create an event that shows on the 'log'?
Logged items are created automatically pretty much by doing anything within the pTracker system that has a date. So whenever you have a reminder set, it will show up on the log. When you add a test result, it will show up on that date, when you add fish/plants it will show up on the log for that date.

Do you want a feature where you can manually add log entries?

Adding delete functionality to a lot sections is pretty high on my list.

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
Logged items are created automatically pretty much by doing anything within the pTracker system that has a date. So whenever you have a reminder set, it will show up on the log. When you add a test result, it will show up on that date, when you add fish/plants it will show up on the log for that date.

Do you want a feature where you can manually add log entries?

Adding delete functionality to a lot sections is pretty high on my list.
oh, I see. Yeah, I was wondering if I can add my own notes either to a log or a separate field like: "I bumped up the CO2 to 5bps and the fish started acting funny."

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
this potentially could be a wealth of information either for marketing purposes or just overall knowledge.

Imagine harvesting info like how many people use this type of filter or the percentage of people have this type of fish.

And you can graph out something like pH swings etc...

·
Honeycomb Master
6,769 Posts
I'm loving this new feature. It's nice being able to keep track of sales and purchases!

One thing i did notice though: When you're entering a new purchase or sale into the log, there's no option to set it to "Trade" or "RAOK". It would be nice if those two could be added to "Sale" and "Purchase".

1 - 18 of 18 Posts