The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been years since I've kept these guys. I used to keep them in a comunity unplanted aquarium. I remember having troubles getting them to eat and they would never take to prepaired foods. The only thing I could get them to eat is live black worms. I also remember they never lived long 2-3 months tops.

I'm doing a low tech moss tank and I'm wanting to get some more of these fish. My tank is a 5.5 gallon with a zoomed 501 canister. The tank has been set up and running for a week and has alot of flow and water movement.

I'm waiting till my tank cycles and I get my moss to start growing a filling in a bit before I get the fish.

Can anyone tell me any tips on keeping these fish?

How many in a 5.5 gallon and male and female ratio?

What is a good temp for them in ferinhight? I'd like to keep them as low as possible so my moss will grow well.

What should I feed them? I read live white worms work well, but I've never seen white worms before. I read some people breed these worms.

·
Collectoritis Patient
2,322 Posts
I keep these fish. They spawned a few times for me now. I keep their water at around 70 degrees and the pH is 6.8 or so.

Mine seem to love the Spectrum Small Fish Formula food. They're always begging me for some when I come in the room.

·
Banned
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I keep these fish. They spawned a few times for me now. I keep their water at around 70 degrees and the pH is 6.8 or so.

Mine seem to love the Spectrum Small Fish Formula food. They're always begging me for some when I come in the room.
70 digrees wow thats low. I used to keep them in 82 digree water maybe thats why they never lived long. I'll have to give the nls small formula a try. I dont know what it is about nls but fish love the stuff. I had some synodontis petricola and nls was like crack to them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.