The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
No longer a newbie.
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently just bought my first chihiros light and I ran into a Bluetooth connection issue. Its a chihiros vivid mini. There isn't a whole lot of info on the various forums about the issues with the chihiros light other than that the app can be finicky, but I ran into a repeat problem of people not being able to connect to their light or keep a connection. It seemed like my Bluetooth controller or PSB was bad. However, after contacting the owner of aquarockscolorado he informed me that it may be that the software my phone is running was somehow disrupting the connection.

I wanting to make a post about this for anyone that can't get their light to connect or keep the connection despite trying everything and making sure location and Bluetooth are enabled. If you are running android 12 on your phone this may be the problem. I almost returned the light or filed a warranty claim for a new Bluetooth controller but he suggest I try a different phone first. I tried 2 Samsung galaxy s21s with android 12 and didn't work. He claims iPhone has less problems than android for whatever reason. I used an older phone that runs android 9 and had zero issues.

Again I just wanted to let people know since information on these issues are limited! Try a different phone/software before assuming the worst. This only applies for a new light out of the box, apparently over time from heat the Bluetooth controller goes bad so if your light is older it may actually need a new controller.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! Chihiros is a light of interest for me but there does seem to be quality issues. Good thing you were able to get help thru aquarockscolorado

·
Registered
No longer a newbie.
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the heads up! Chihiros is a light of interest for me but there does seem to be quality issues. Good thing you were able to get help thru aquarockscolorado
There's only two approved sellers in the US currently, FZone aquatics and aquarockscolorado FYI. I believe if you don't buy from one of them chihiros won't honor their year warranty in case something does go bad on it. Ebay and aliexpress are not covered to my knowledge

1 - 3 of 3 Posts