The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ya guys, my tank is just doing amazing especially for my first planted tank. But things are growing like crazy and I'm thinking they are going to need to be cut back and pruned soon. Here is my dilemma, I need to get some tools but I really don't want to have to spend 100$+ on just a pair of tweezers. I'm looking at getting some scissors and some tweezers and some other tools you might think I'll need.

Also I'm starting to look into CO2 systems and defusers. Right now I'm doing a two liter DIY system into a bubble ladder. How much and are there certain brands that are better than others?

Thanks for the great input I'm sure I'll get from you all.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Buy the cheapest 12" or 10" tweezers you can find. I paid about $5 for a couple of 12" tweezers - one with bent ends. Any old scissor will do and if you need tools for flattening substrate etc, buy a spatula from walmart. The expensive ADA type aquascaping tools etc are a plain waste of money IMO.

·
Super Moderator
12,126 Posts
What are you looking for in terms of CO2? If you are looking to go pressurized, you will need a CO2 tank, a regulator, and a needle valve at the very least. Other equipment that you could buy include check valves (highly recommended), a solenoid, a drop checker, and some sort of diffuser.

Are you looking to piece together your own regulator setup, or would you prefer to buy one that is already pre-assembled? The former may be a cheaper method, especially if you are patient and wait around on eBay and/or the Swap and Shop forums for a good deal to appear. I believe a member here managed to obtain a Swageok metering valve for 0.99 USD!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.