1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1 package NutureMe dried organic food
(Peas, Quinoa and Apples OR​
Squash, Bananas and Green Kale)​
1 teaspoon Ground egg shells (calcium carbonate source)
1/2 teaspoon Crushed betta pellets
1/4 teaspoon Ground dried bloodworms
1 teaspoon Konjac powder

The benefit of this is to mix all dry ingredients and slowly add water. Konjac powder solidifies to a gelatin texture without heating. Dry ingredients can be mixed and on hand for quick snello meals.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Just get Repashy Shrimp Souffle :p

Does need to be microwaved to the point of boiling, or use already boiling water, but more trustworthy being water stable (said to last 24 hours in water before fouling) and has more goodies in it. More nutritionally balanced. Though I myself might prefer to throw an additional source of calcium carbonate (in tank separate of food formula is fine), just if your water/shrimp need it though.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip. I was more concerned about the snails. I have five nerites and am adding a golden mystery snail to each of the small aquariums. Pretty sure the snails will need supplements (not enough algae). On reviews it looks like snails love it too and a lot of the guesswork is taken out with the Repashy.

I have HIKARI Crab Cuisine, and drop a few in each of the aquariums. The shrimp go for it, but the snails don't seem to know it exists.

For calcium carbonate, we have loads of ground up eggshells we keep on hand for gardening with the plants, so putting some in the aquarium for shell health is quick and easy.

Thanks again for the Repashy tip.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Repashy Shrimp Souffle is great. I make a batch, cut in small cubes, and freeze. Then you can just take out a cube when needed.

Bump:
1 package NutureMe dried organic food
(Peas, Quinoa and Apples OR​
Squash, Bananas and Green Kale)​
1 teaspoon Ground egg shells (calcium carbonate source)
1/2 teaspoon Crushed betta pellets
1/4 teaspoon Ground dried bloodworms
1 teaspoon Konjac powder

The benefit of this is to mix all dry ingredients and slowly add water. Konjac powder solidifies to a gelatin texture without heating. Dry ingredients can be mixed and on hand for quick snello meals.
This looks like an interesting recipe to add variety. I have never heard of Nuturme. I will have to look at their website. Years ago, I used to make gel food from scratch with fresh veggies for my goldfish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.