The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has grown tall and has 2 off shoots .. just came to know it grows in soil as well as cn float too.. so i have cut one off shoot and letting it flow .. will roots grow in them?

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
You're going to want to try to split it when it separates enough to grow it's own roots. My current set up hasn't quite made it to that point yet but it's close. The way I've done it is to take a razor and cut the off shoots off with roots attached and planted them. I've never minded having it a couple inches high, though. I don't know if early propagation would work, but it very well could.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're going to want to try to split it when it separates enough to grow it's own roots. My current set up hasn't quite made it to that point yet but it's close. The way I've done it is to take a razor and cut the off shoots off with roots attached and planted them. I've never minded having it a couple inches high, though. I don't know if early propagation would work, but it very well could.
Will surely let u know if it does

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.