The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure I'm one of the first who actually WANTS a huge algae infestation, but I'm trying to keep a common pleco away from my plants until I get moved (in May) and can get him into a tank without live plants.

Any suggestions for increasing my algae growth?

·
Registered
946 Posts
Lots of light & iron is your best bet. IMO it is better to feed it with algae wafers, zucchini, sweet potatoes etc. than battling algae ones youre in your new place. Its easy to make algae but a pita to removed.

-Brian

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lots of light & iron is your best bet. IMO it is better to feed it with algae wafers, zucchini, sweet potatoes etc. than battling algae ones youre in your new place. Its easy to make algae but a pita to removed.

-Brian
I've tried to feed him a wide variety of veggies and algae wafers. He doesn't touch them, and I just have to fish them out of the tank in the morning. However, he has done an excellent job of getting rid of the algae that was in the tank when he moved in. I'm not really sure what he's eating now...

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Promoting? Have all the things plants like. CO2, lights, nutrients, etc. Just no plants.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts