The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SInce i couldnt buy ProChoice SoilMaster today because my dad didnt bring me there. Its far from my house and he was going over there to fix something.So i was pretty mad because i told him 5 times yesterday
i decided to buy Eco Complete Online 24 shipped.. If i was to buy Lesco Pro Choice for 15 Plus shipping which is 50 pounds beCause im using my dads money
Eco Complete 24 Shipped

ProChoice Soil 15 plus shipping . i could check how much would the shipping be because the site is dead now but im assuming that shipping for 50 pounds would cost alot

But Would it be the same price as Eco Complete Shipped?

I really dont wanna get riped off because its not my money, i usually order stuff but its not like i have a xbox360 or ps3 or wii
Because he would be like you used 24 dollars to buying some soil??

but anyways could anyone help?

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
be patient and let someone help you buy SoilMaster locally.
if you can't get a ride, borrow a luggage cart and take the bus.
having it shipped defeats the whole purpose of buying it to save money.
that way you won't waste other peoples money, just some of your time.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea but im in queens and thats all the way in oceanside i dont even know if any bus takes me there and i hardly know anyone good enough to buy me some from nyc

·
Registered
376 Posts
SInce i couldnt buy ProChoice SoilMaster today because my dad didnt bring me there. Its far from my house and he was going over there to fix something.So i was pretty mad because i told him 5 times yesterday
i decided to buy Eco Complete Online 24 shipped.. If i was to buy Lesco Pro Choice for 15 Plus shipping which is 50 pounds beCause im using my dads money
Eco Complete 24 Shipped

ProChoice Soil 15 plus shipping . i could check how much would the shipping be because the site is dead now but im assuming that shipping for 50 pounds would cost alot

But Would it be the same price as Eco Complete Shipped?

I really dont wanna get riped off because its not my money, i usually order stuff but its not like i have a xbox360 or ps3 or wii
Because he would be like you used 24 dollars to buying some soil??

but anyways could anyone help?
get the eco complete you wont regret it it is so much better for nutrients, consistency, and easy of use.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea i got it i hope it wont dissapoint me i was searching through the whole forum too see if it was good

·
Registered
376 Posts
well right off the bat, eco complete is nutrient rich and the soilmaster is inert. ppl get the soilmaster cuz its cheap (when loading up big tanks) but if you only need one bag then eco complete is the way to go. what size tank do you have?

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
5.5 gallon i seen other 5 gallons eclipse and their lightnin to awesome my lightin suks lol i think i need to get new lights proabably

·
Everyone has an opinion
1,677 Posts
5.5 gallon i seen other 5 gallons eclipse and their lightnin to awesome my lightin suks lol i think i need to get new lights proabably
PM me your address, I will send you enough soilmaster to do a 5.5 gallon.....DC

·
Registered
862 Posts
Nice offer DC!!!

·
Everyone has an opinion
1,677 Posts

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i got ur soilmaster the grain size are lot nicer then i thought

well my eco complete was surpose to come yesterday,,,

i checked my tracking and it got damaged and the ups is gonna notifie the sender =\ damn..
anyone know if aquariumplants are nice persons or mean person?? i really want my eco

·
Everyone has an opinion
1,677 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I've decided for the last time I no longer like the Eco comp. Not that its a bad substrate or anything like that. Its just that I feel a little ripped off on my last bag. It was barely enough to decently cover a 6 gal tank. I feel that you pay for more water weight then anything else. Theres easily a good 1-1/2 gallon of water. that makes up 8 of the 20 lb bag. Also there always seems to be stuff living in mine when I get it. last batch came with nematodes. This last bag I got a couple little white worms.
only problem is SMS costs 50 bucks a bag. once you get done with shipping and all that.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
only problem is SMS costs 50 bucks a bag. once you get done with shipping and all that.
I got mine for 12, and more recently 16 dollars, picked up at the local lesco. Even at $50/bag it is much cheaper than any of the specialty plant substrates.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I got mine for 12, and more recently 16 dollars, picked up at the local lesco. Even at $50/bag it is much cheaper than any of the specialty plant substrates.
Sadly there are no Lesco's in the PNW. so altho yes the bag itself can be gotten for 16 bucks they tack on the shipping of 50lb bag. I don't have the option of going to the store for one.
for 2 it would have cost 70 bucks shipping alone. :(
the only place up this way that carries Pro choice products only orders by the pallet and they since they are a baseball field supply place they simply don't get SMS. I can get a 50lb bag of regular Soil master (red) from them for 10 bucks tho.
I'm strongly considering just ordering a pallet of SMS and supplying the PNW.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts