The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
nothing fish related...
i ordered a new soft top for my jeep and as it was being shipped it was damaged before it reached me. it looks as if it was redirected to another ups center to verify the damage. there was a note that the inspection is complete but that was over 5 days ago. i have not received a new tracking number, and the origional tracking just states delivered.( to the ups inspection place?) does any one know about how long it takes for this to normally get rectified? is the hold up that were waiting for whom i bought the roof from to ship another new one? i'm just curious as to how long i'm going to have to wait. its really cold in a jeep with giant holes in the roof and windows and its -20 windchill at 75mph and i'm getting impatient and chilly!

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
You're shipper should be working with UPS since it was never delivered to you. They should be able to work with UPS so that they get paid back for the damage if it was insured and/or packaged correctly. What I'm saying is the shipper if a normal retailer should have already shipped the replacement.

SteveU

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you know if they would email me a new tracking# normally. i know they probably should, but is that some what normal? i guess its just taking a while to send all the paper work and damaged stuff back to the shipper.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
If it happened to one of my customer's shipments they'd have the replacement in 4-5 working days from the time I knew there was a problem. I've had a few incoming and outgoing packages damaged in the past. If UPS intercepts the package you can bet it's worthless. 90% of the claims I'm part of the damage product is never inspected or returned. All my incoming damage just goes in the trash after 2 weeks. But then on stuff I sign for I have the driver note in the system any obvious external damage to boxes.

I'd call your shipper and ask them what their plan is.

SteveU

do you know if they would email me a new tracking# normally. i know they probably should, but is that some what normal? i guess its just taking a while to send all the paper work and damaged stuff back to the shipper.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks! and i hope u had a happy new year!
yea i was kind of surprised i just didnt receive a damaged package. it must have bin a mess for them to return it without me saying a word to them.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Ah, this is rough. Not to long ago a fellow Jeeper (has a cj-7) I know shipped a very expensive bicycle of his from FL to Washington state, and it was completely wrecked in transit. It looked like they must have ran it over with a truck. In the end ups basically said 'you didn't insure it or state it's value, we don't owe you anything, be happy we're giving you 75 dollars'. But maybe because you ordered it from a company they can get it worked out. Who'd you order from? 4wd.com hopefully? They have great customer service, and I wouldn't be surprised you called them and they over nighted you a new top the same day. Hopefully it wasn't quadratec, their customer service isn't so great.

I need a new top myself, the soft top on my TJ is getting pretty ragged. I think I'm going to order a MOPAR hard top from a dealership, that way I don't have to pay shipping and can avoid this mess if anything happens.

Best of luck gettin this worked out, I know it's aggravating.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
How about this, for the last few days I've been wondering where an order from a supplier was. Just remembered to call and get a tracking number.

UPS Log...
US 12/22/2009 4:38 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
I'll skip to the arrival in CA

SAN BERNARDINO, CA, US 12/29/2009 3:21 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

SAN BERNARDINO, CA, US 12/29/2009 11:00 P.M. THE PACKAGE WAS MISSED AT THE DESTINATION LOCATION

SAN BERNARDINO, CA, US 12/30/2009 9:26 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY

SAN BERNARDINO, CA, US 01/05/2010 11:56 P.M. THE SCHEDULED CONNECTION WAS MISSED / PACKAGE WILL BE DELIVERED NEXT BUSINESS DAY-NO SATURDAY GUARANTEE

SAN BERNARDINO, CA, US 01/06/2010 6:18 A.M. PKG DELAY-ADD'L SECURITY CHECK BY GOV'T OR OTHER AGENCY- BEYOND UPS CONTROL / PACKAGE WILL BE DELIVERED NEXT BUSINESS DAY-NO SATURDAY GUARANTEE

Maybe it's been hanging around looking like a box full of explosives for so long they're getting worried. It's a box full of rubbers for cars for crying out loud. lol

SteveU

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol that sux!
rubbers for cars? like rubber gromits? or the rubber seal for the trunk lid and doors? just curious because my dad has 2 classic cars in need of new rubber parts...

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
I called UPS and they couldn't tell me anything other than it could be held up as part of a load that needed a security check or in a pile of boxes where something leaked out. Said it WAS NOT on the delivery truck today. About 1 hour later the driver walks in the front door with it. lol

As for your question.... yes, it's all I do. Ford, GM, Packard and Chrysler.

SteveU

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well atleast you received your package :)
thanks for the rubber info i may be contacting you in the future about that.
do you do custom? just american classics? anything modern?

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
Any particulars we should go PM.

SteveU

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
today i went to tap my back window to get some snow off of it so i could see, and kind of punched a fist sized hole in the back window :( My new top better hurry itself up! that thing must have bin hard as a rock and very brittle.

·
Registered
385 Posts
op charge another one on your credit card and then return the one lost in transit when you get it. And call up ups, nothing gets them working better than tieing up their phone lines.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
op charge another one on your credit card and then return the one lost in transit when you get it. And call up ups, nothing gets them working better than tieing up their phone lines.
i cant tie up all my money in this. nothing a little duct tape and cardboard cant fix! i have to call them tards today to see whats up... wish me luck!

·
Registered
385 Posts
what's the latest, op?

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well i called quadratek and they said ups shiped it back without paperwork so they thaught it was a return. they refunded me the whole ammount. reshiped the new package. btw i had great customer service experience with quadratek. they did not charge me shipping this time around and nocked off an additional $40 or the price of the top. saved me almost $100.00. i'm going to go pick up the new roof from ups today after work!!!! YAY no more frozen rides to work...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts