The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
I used to raise a few kinds of fish, including gupppies, and if you can't get a sponge filter, the best thing you could get would be a HOB filter, then fix a sponge over the intake to prevent it from sucking up fry. You can also use old pantyhose or even a sock or something like that. Just something fry can't get through, but water can. You can also build sponge filters from an air pump and a few bits of pvc pipe. I never built any, but know people who have. Maybe someone else on here has instructions, check out the DIY section.

That definitely sounds like either green water or bacterial bloom to me. I have similar issues in my 55 gallon tank right now; it started up as soon as I set up a DIY CO2 temporarily while the pressurized one is refilled...I seem to get green water the most when my tank is not crammed as full of plants as I can get it...which is its current condition. I don't know why, but that's what I see in my own tank.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.