The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I received my new Eheim pro 3e 2076 today. After setting everything up, I started priming it and switched on the filter. However water isnt pushed upwards from the filter through the outflow. Are there any hints/suggestions on what I have to do for the filter to work well?

·
Super Moderator
11,971 Posts
Where did you place the filter? It should be placed below your tank, but some filters have a certain distance they must be placed below the aquarium.

Also, are you sure that your filter is completely void of air?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've had trouble with the Ehiem filter too, but that's only cause I can't get it to pump water. What i did was fill the filter a little more than half and lock it. Then turn it on and after it starts pumping, then i slight open the filter just a bit to create a suction and close it again. By then it should go all the way through. Sorry if this is confusing... it has to be demonstrated :( The manual is really confusing though.. hahaha

·
Registered
743 Posts
wierd !!! i got pro3 2080 but i used the outlet and inlet kit not the greenish pipe .just took the whole thing out for cleaning last week , put is all back together priming it about 10time straight , water starting to go to the filter and plug and play.

·
Premium Member
4,840 Posts
I have a classic, I primed it the first time the regular way. Suck the tube to start a syphon. Just make sure you have a bucket near by, towels, etc. After it comes out, quickly close the valve. Hook that up to the filter inlet and it should just poor in.

It is messy but once you do it, you never have to again unless you remove your intake out of the water.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have a ProII with the installation kits. It's pretty easy to prime, if I fill the filter body with as much water as I can before I close it up, and use the priming caps on the installation kits to fill up the tubing with water as well.

One thing I discovered once is that any air leak in the inlet tubing make priming very difficult. I had a loose connection that was sucking in a little bit of air, and the thing just wouldn't prime.

As expensive as the Pro 3e is, I hope it comes with the installation kits.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts