The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a bubble counter to go along with my nutra fin co2 kit with the ladder. My bubbles are now larger and less frequent.Is this normal?? The main problem is that about every 3rd bubble pops off the ladder.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Why install a bubble counter when you're using a ladder? Simple observation of the ladder will give you your count and simplify the plumbing. Separate counters are used if one is using a reactor where the rate of gas into the chamber housing isn't as obvious. Maybe I missed something in your question.

To ensure the bubble rides the ladder up--vice pop out the front--the nozzel at the end of the tube must be seated securely in the slot. I use a small rubber O ring from the local hardware store to add the extra snug-ness. slip it around the nozzel before placing it in the slot.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
o, i installed the bubble counter becasue that white yeast muck would clogg the bubbles every morning, and i think it is harmful.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about that stuff. Just run an old tooth brush across it to clean it up. I haven't noticed any ill effects on the fish when I had the same problem. Once I ran out of the packets, I just started mixing my own. 1/4-and-some tsp. of generic baker's yeast has worked for me. If you notice a bit creeping into the tank, then back off the yeast. There are a lot of posts on here where people have experimented with different brands. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts