The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Eheim classic and am having a fit trying to get it primed. I completely took it apart and cleaned it today. Filled the cannister back up with water, but of course it doesn't want to start without water in the tubes. Any tips/suggestions would be hightly appreciated.

Karen

·
Registered
467 Posts
I take the hose off of the spraybar and suck on it. The canister fills up with water, I reattach the hose to the spraybar, plug the filter in and I'm done. I hope this helps,
John

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Do you have a python?

I just hook my python up to the garden hose and siphon the outflow. I have ball valves/quick disconnects on my classic and I just close those when I'm ready to clean my filter and when I'm done I just hook it all back up and open the valves and I'm ready to go. The ball valves keep the siphon in the lines.

I tried posting this over at HFB but it wouldn't let me.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advise! I do have a python. Normally I would close the valves too, but I had to take it completely apart and flush the valves and clean it out.

Karen

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
The python method is much easier and mouthing tank water might be troublesome if there are diseases that can transfer to humans.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I'm glad I found that link earlier (the one Mike has posted). I set up my Eheim 2217 friday and helped me alot! The directions they give you in the box are very minimal, to say the least. Too bad Eheim doesn't provide those instructions with Eheim Classics. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts