The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

Registered
They are definitely quick when they want to be. Every time I try getting pics my fish will hold the pose until the exact moment I snap the pic so all I wind up with is a ridiculous looking blur 馃槄 I wish I was decent at photography, but alas I'm better at living in the moment

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That was kind of my point with the tons of pictures that get tossed. Photography is a ton of fun, but requires a ton of patience. I remember spending MONTHS chasing (not literally) hummingbirds trying to get a DECENT picture of one. (Talk about something that moves everytime you snap the picture 馃槄). You're probably great at it, you just have to come to terms with the fact that for every ONE picture you keep, you'll probably toss a hundred more.

Registered
That was kind of my point with the tons of pictures that get tossed. Photography is a ton of fun, but requires a ton of patience. I remember spending MONTHS chasing (not literally) hummingbirds trying to get a DECENT picture of one. (Talk about something that moves everytime you snap the picture 馃槄). You're probably great at it, you just have to come to terms with the fact that for every ONE picture you keep, you'll probably toss a hundred more.
Oh no, I'm terrible 馃槀馃槀馃槀 I have absolutely horrible depth and light perception so things that look great to me tend to look overexposed and focal points aren't defined right. My ex hubby is an incredible photographer/ graphic/ mixed media artist and we used to joke about it all the time 馃槀 he tried to work with me really hard...

Registered
Just play with it until you get something YOU like. You're not terrible. You just need more time to practice and play 馃槈 kind of like fishkeeping
You're too kind!! 馃槈 I'm okay with being bad at photography. I know what I like and I have those around me that do pretty good at capturing most things.... Nobody seems to do that great with aquariums and none of them is interested 馃槀馃槀馃槀 I'll just share my crappy shots, but I will keep trying, even if it's only with my phone.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I took all of those with my phone. 馃槄
I don't have a fancy camera anymore. Lost that to a pawn shop mid drug addiction about 10 years ago and never got another. Bummer.
I'm really hoping they have better luck too. Her belly is pink but she turned REALLY pink before her last spawn, so I don't she's quite ready, although the male definitely is (big surprise) 馃槃

Registered
I took all of those with my phone. 馃槄
I don't have a fancy camera anymore. Lost that to a pawn shop mid drug addiction about 10 years ago and never got another. Bummer.
I'm really hoping they have better luck too. Her belly is pink but she turned REALLY pink before her last spawn, so I don't she's quite ready, although the male definitely is (big surprise) 馃槃
Sorry about your camera, but omg congrats on kicking addiction!! I'm an addict too- 20 years sober here. Maybe I'll try upping my photo skills lol but I'll just be doing it for myself 馃槀

Ah the eager males. I love how it's always up to the female in the end, though. These are the things that I miss most about watching the breeding process. I loved watching my apistos get all grumpy and dig up and spit out sand trying to woo the females into their cave (ceramic pot).

I can imagine how pretty she must look fully pinked up!! Beautiful fish!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I know! I can't believe she died. I know this particular fish is notorious for that and there was an article saying it has a lot to do with the hormones they give them to be colorful. Sad 馃槬

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.