The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have a 2 month old tank with a bunch of plants and high tech setup. just don't like how much hair algae I have.

However I do want some glass algae for the clean up crew to eat.

What do you think about it ?

Also tank specs below the photo.

Plant Water Plant community Vertebrate Pet supply

TANK SPECS :
15 Gallon tank
13 black neon tetras
4 nerite snails
3 ottos
Marineland canister 200 gph
2-3 bubbles per second CO2
coralife seascape 18-24in led running 8 hours at 100%, then 5 hours on low energy rgb
Rectangle Slope Line Font Parallel

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Looks like you have aquasoil. I am guessing you didn't do the recommended daily 50% water change for the first week, every other day for the following week, 3 times in week three, and twice in week 4? If not, well thars your problem. I would immediately do big water changes every day for 3 or 4 days in a row of at least 50% but 70% will be better. I would also remove as much algae as you can manually with an old toothbrush each of these days. After that keep doing big water changes once a week of at least 50%.

If you still are having algae this bad after all that then it's time to consider other issues like light and fertilizer amounts.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like you have aquasoil. I am guessing you didn't do the recommended daily 50% water change for the first week, every other day for the following week, 3 times in week three, and twice in week 4? If not, well thars your problem. I would immediately do big water changes every day for 3 or 4 days in a row of at least 50% but 70% will be better. I would also remove as much algae as you can manually with an old toothbrush each of these days. After that keep doing big water changes once a week of at least 50%.

If you still are having algae this bad after all that then it's time to consider other issues like light and fertilizer amounts.

Good luck!
Thank you! That is one thing that I missed. "palm face"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts