The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

I'm looking to do a pressurized Co2 system and get rid of my Diy kit. I started my planted tank a couple months ago and I've been using the Diy kit for a little over a month.

I work for a company that deals with igloo products and one of the products we deal with is a FRB200 Kegerator. The kegerator comes with a Co2 tank and a regulator, would the regulator be suitable for a pressurized system? I've went ahead and purchased a Milwaukee MA955 Solenoid Valve that I planned to hook up to a timer to shut the Co2 system at night.

I may be able to sell the tanks and regulators at a later date, if anyone is interested. Not too certain though, I would have to make sure with my job but I can look into it depending on the response I get.

Any answers are greatly appreciated!

Attachments

·
Plant Clown
4,729 Posts
That should work fine, but you'll need a needle valve as well. The Fabco-Air NV-55 (inline model) would work well, since you're already running the solenoid valve inline. You'll need compression fittings or barbs with 10-32 NPT threads.

·
Registered
12,738 Posts
Sure you can use single stage regulators for Aquarium CO2..

·
Registered
12,411 Posts
Used keg setups are one place I often find real buys on regs and tanks. College folks at the end of school often do not want to take the beer making equipment back home! Something about where did the money go and why are the grades so low? Anyway the beer regs work for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts