The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hook up pressurized co2 yesterday. It’s 2 stage regulator (airco), Have the low side set at 15lb. Fabco needle valve. Valve is open about ¼ turn, getting 1bs. Hagen mini for a diffuser. Red sea drop checker, using a 4dkh from ebay with api, Ph solution. The diffuser is on the right side, drop checker is on the left side.
I have tried driftnet setting on the regulator, low set at 5 then 10
All the fish seem ok, 11 black tetras swimming med tank 4 ottos staying on the bottom.
No matter what I do the d/c reads in the yellow, even had my wife look at it and she says I am seeing right. Is there a way to check the 4dkh solution to see if it is a true 4dkh
Thank you for any help

·
Registered
336 Posts
Check it with a KH test kit.

What is the PH, KH of the tank?
How big is the tank?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the help. The tank is a 20Long, Ph is 6.4.Got the Kh test kit this morning, the test for 4dkh solution shows it is a true 4dkh. Do Ph test kits go bad, maybe it is the Ph solution? Looking at the tank now, Co2 has been off for 10 hours. The drop checker looks a nice green. Red sea drop checker. How much of the Ph solution should I use, I use 4 drops? Maybe I need more. All the fish seem fine.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is no airstone, filter is an xp1 using the spray bar. Just playing with the 4dkh solution and a test tube, I think you are right I need more Ph solution.
Thank you for all the help

·
Super Moderator
12,131 Posts
Strange. The number of drops of bromothymol blue (the pH reagent) added should not affect readings at all.

In fact, I usually put in anywhere from 6-8 drops of bromothymol blue with no ill effects.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.