The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO I ma looking at following Rex Grigg's dosing regime. I like the idea of making batches of ferts in water. The question is what to store them in.

I was thinking some of these:

Pre mix the 250 ml versions, then each morning.. shake, squirt out what I need into a measuring spoon and add to the tank. Quick, easy, no mess.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Personally, I just use micro measuring spoons and scoop the dry powder directly into the tank, because that just works for me... but if I were going to premix my ferts into solution, I would use one of these. Only $6 and no measuring spoon necessary!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those are pretty... hummm Wonder how small the graduations are on that little cup. must investigate...

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
^ But if you do that, don't mix your CSM+B into the mix. It will react with the macros, from what I understand. Don't take this as the gospel truth, but read up on it first before mixing all your dry ferts together!

·
Aroid Addict
3,493 Posts
I just keep mine in a small airtight rubbermaid container and dose them dry straight into the tank. No need to dilute and it takes about 3 seconds.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
I use the dosing bottles, like Church recommended. For small doses it seems to be easier and more accurate.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I have used the ketchup dispensers from walmart (like in WarDaddy's first post) for quite a while. I used a spare measuring cylinder from one of my old ammonia test kits. Now I just do dry dosing (exactly as lego mention) and find it much easier without any side effects (haven't seen any yet).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts