The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to feed twice a day with fluval bug bites (two medium-ish sized pinches), but then I realized they were getting a little 'chonky.' I switched to feeding once a day (one medium pinch of fluval bug bites). Pretty recently, I started to feed frozen live food, occasionally, in place of the 'bites'. I've only fed frozen live food twice. The tank has been going for roughly 5 months now and this specific rummy is acting normally. I know identifying genders of rummies is difficult, but this one doesn't seem sickly. From the single video on youtube of breeding rummies, the guy said he had success with getting them into the 'breeding mood' by feeding them frozen live. Any thoughts/experiences?

·
snails are your friend
3,093 Posts
Hoping she has eggs and that this isn't bloat but hard to tell from the fuzzy photo. If the scales are "pineconing" the fish is in trouble. Doesn't look too awfully bad to the point it couldn't be eggs though it's right on the border.

Also a little confused about "frozen live" food. I'm unaware of anything commonly fed to fish that survives freezing. Lots of frozen foods (and living foods you can culture) out there, but never heard the terms used together.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hoping she has eggs and that this isn't bloat but hard to tell from the fuzzy photo. If the scales are "pineconing" the fish is in trouble. Doesn't look too awfully bad to the point it couldn't be eggs though it's right on the border.

Also a little confused about "frozen live" food. I'm unaware of anything commonly fed to fish that survives freezing. Lots of frozen foods (and living foods you can culture) out there, but never heard the terms used together.
Her scales don't seem to be 'pineconing'. I tried to get a better picture, but the phone spooks them. What I meant by frozen live food is frozen food 😅.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts