The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well i have seen my oto getting fat all of a sudden and i'm not sure if its sick or pregnant... and if its pregnant then what should i do i have 3 oto in one tank 2 looks fat but this one is the fatest out of the other one... and the 1 out of the 2 that are fat is slim... if its sick what is causing it?

a little more detail... i moved it around with a net handle and it does run away but more like wiggles then moves a few inch then sits, then i moved it some more to take a better angle photo and it ran to the top of the water and sticks its noise out of the water surface and hops/trying to jump out? not a big jump but just like how fish snaps at the top o the water for food... same way the oto is "hopping out of the water", any idea's?

here are a few photo's of my FAT oto:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
It looks slightly too fat, but could just be full of eggs. Mine were slightly less round when full of eggs. If she's acting fairly normal, I wouldn't worry too much.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
will they breed? i mean i dont see any of them interested in here if i seen a fat female i wouldnt ether but thats just me lol should the males go crazy and chase her around?

P.S. its not full from food, i can tell you that cause i havent feed it anything lol i had barbs with it and feed the barbs flakes and they eat it all in matter of mins and the otos never got the chance to even see it...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts