The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had these shrimp for a whole, um, five days now.

how long is RCS gestation? I assume she came pregnant already? can someone link me to a good overview of their biology, esp. reproduction?
this is easier than I thought it would be. 8)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Usually takes about a month for them to hatch.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Grats, My 55g tank all the mature Females either have a saddle or eggs, NEVER without either! So Once they start... They'll never stop!

-Andrew

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Grats, My 55g tank all the mature Females either have a saddle or eggs, NEVER without either! So Once they start... They'll never stop!

-Andrew
This is true if conditions (food/water) are right for the shrimp. If conditions are wrong you will not have saddles or eggs and the shrimp may even die:icon_frow

·
Premium Member
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
M''lady Missus Belle started releasing hatchlings this morning! :bounce:

I had transfered her two days ago to my 2.5g nano thinking the eggs might not adjust to the change, but gave them a better shot than living with Bonnie and Clyde, my bolivian rams in my 20g. :angryfire

Here's a photo of a one-day old shrimp (najas grass for size reference), about 1/16 inch or so: :proud:

·
Premium Member
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
received the following in PM (clean out yer box dude, you're at quota)

kgbenson said:
Hi,

Where did you get the CRS?

Keith
it's an RCS, not a CRS, as the thread clearly shows.

joel macclellan

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Just was looking at one of them that size in my tank!

They're SOOOO small, and this guy/gal (too small to tell) thought that he/she owned the tank! Swimming right across the middle of the tank!

-Andrew

·
Registered
82 Posts
"it's an RCS, not a CRS, as the thread clearly shows."

Small dyslectic typing moment. I suspect you know what I meant. Never the less - where did you get adult shrimp, most online folks only offer juveniles?

Keith

·
Premium Member
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
through our very own swap and shop. she came pregnant. i got small, medium and large.

omboocat i think seller was...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts