The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to build my first co2 regulator and looking for parts. anyone know any kind of reliable Precision Metering Valve or have any experience of a good one?

·
Registered
333 Posts
I'm waiting on my Parker H3L to come in the mail, it has lots of good reviews by TPT members.

The NV55 is supposedly very reliable and inexpensive as well, as Mirkinator suggested.

You could also look into buying the adapters to suit a 1/4" tube connection, and this needle valve looks like it may be a good buy for the price. I'm going to try one out anyway. Just as a backup. I guess you can buy the vernier handle kit if you ever wanted to fix it up real nice. (Medium flow) not the same as the low flow valve most people are using.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I was thinking about the NV55. how does it compare to the SS-4MA?
I haven't used either one of them so far, so I couldn't say. I am still building my first regulator also.

Both the NV55 and NV55-18 are good products from all I have read. They will likely require no adapters depending on your regulator. This is a low flow needle valve as well.

The SS-4MA I mentioned is very much like the SS-4MA-MH but without the Vernier Handle. It is a medium flow needle valve. Not as good for our use most likely, but I'm going to try it out just because it was cheap. It also has tube fittings which would require you buy adapters to fit it to your npt connections. Its original cost from the dealer is around $90. I only mentioned it because they are a good deal at $35

I really can't say what is the best, I haven't used them yet. On a budget and going for reliability with no question of quality.. I'd buy the NV55. The other was just a suggestion if you wanted to experiment with it. I am personally going to use a Parker H3L

1 - 5 of 5 Posts