The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of somewhere to pick up a sleek looking pre-filter for the inlet of a 13mm lily pipe? I currently have a sponge on there, but don't like the look and am also looking for something that will sit up off of the inlet (no pantyhose, etc) and allow small particles to be pulled into the filter, without sucking up shrimp or my tiny, tiny Bororas.

I think I remember seeing a stainless steel mesh type of slip on screener, but can't find one now after a few Google searches. Any tips would be appreciated.

·
Surrounded by Blyxa
1,541 Posts
h4n sells a nice stainless steel pre-filter on the forums here. I prefer it over the ones that comes from overseas for a few reasons. Is able to intake from the bottom of the pre-filter, won't suck up baby shrimp ( my overseas prefilter is pretty coarse ) and is much narrow in overall diameter so I can fit my intake pipe pretty flush. My overseas prefilter did not fit well and I had to take an xacto to the rubber. His fits perfectly, just rinse thoroughly in hot water and dip one end into boiling water to soften up before putting on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts