The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking around on-line for a ready to go light system for a standard 55g tank. I Currently have a hood that has a two light boxes on it. I would like to have medium to high light in my tank.

Does anyone have any links to a site that has what I need?????

Thanks far any help!!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
PetSmart - Triple Tube Fluorescent Light Strips

It is a medium light solution, which is just what we wanted since we didn't want to have to go with pressurized CO2 and a complex fertilizing and trimming schedule.

That's what I have on my 55, and just cut some glass covers. Moderate amount of DIY CO2 and irregular low dose fertilization.

We got a algae bloom during the first couple weeks, but it stopped and we removed the worst of the stag-horn algae covered leaves... since then... no problems and our plants are growing so happy and the red plants are red and the green plants are green... bla bla bla... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would it be better to go with 2 hoods like what came with my tank or one hood that spans the entire tank?

Also If I get one light hood that go across the entire tank, Would the plastic tank divider be a problem?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Mine rests on the center plastic support and the two sides with no problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.