The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've asked a few times in different posts but have yet to get any answers on this, and I've searched google and multiple forums with no good exact results.

I believe I have planaria in my 10g tank right now. Currently all thats in there is a beautiful baby koi I picked up, as the tank is cycled now, and I figured until it gets warmer out he could help build up some bio film. He's also eaten about 90% of them, to the point where only if I really search for them, I can find one or two.

I know panacur is a good medication for killing flatworms/planaria, but will Prazi Pro do the same? The one I have is made by Hikari, and it doesn't contain any copper. I have NO invertebrates in the tank right now, so is it safe to dose this stuff to try and kill the rest of the planaria in the tank, and not worry about having them in the future? I plan on letting my tank mature for 3 months, so shrimp will not be in the tank until late July.

I will of course run carbon, and also have purigen on hand too, once the medication has run its course, but am I safe to use it?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Stick to what you know best if people are getting results with certain meds I would stick with that. Pancur C is one of the best on the market but it's how u use it. As I explained in another thread I had problems too. I had planaria problems hydra problems unwarned thing period problem. So I found a place that sells me panacur C and someone taught me how to use it

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Best to use is safeguard/fenbendazole for goats. It already comes in liquid form, works perfectly and is shrimp safe. I have used Prazi Pro as preventive when getting new fish and the planaria still lived well.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah thats what I figured. I use it on fish as a preventative, but it said it might be harmful to tanks with flatworm colonies. I guess Panacur it is lol. At least the Koi helped me out by eating most of them haha.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.