The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get better flow across the back of my 75g tank back to my glass skimmer. I have a rather large Sword that blocks the far back corner across from the skimmer.

I do have another cannister filter but I am hesitant to add something else that I need to clean and maintain.

I am thinking of just getting a power head or something like this small "wave maker".

I also have a lot of CRS shrimp in my tank who have found the environment perfect for reproducing so I need something that will not turn chew them up. Some do end up in my Oase prefilter but they all survive and I bus them back to the tank each week. With this unit I could wrap some filter pad or nylon stocking around it?

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
120G planted, 10G breeder
12 Posts
Or, a small powerhead...with a foam pre-filter. I have a 200gph unit on a 120G long and it pushes a strong flow end to end, and creates great circulation to the skimmer. The outflow is adjustable and enables me to conveniently direct the flow as needed - so you can put it in a corner and still have 90 degrees of trajectory. Mine also has a Venturi intake and an inlet that lets you run inline.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.