The Planted Tank Forum banner

"Power Compact" flourescents - 2700k source?

1260 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  RobMc
I'm hoping that one of the flourescent-gurus here can help me understand what a "power compact" is. Is it known by any other format notation, like T5's / T4's?

I'm trying to find a 2700k light for a coral life 24" fixture - but my google-fu is weak.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Administrator
12,199 Posts
A power compact is a fluorescent bulb that generally has pins (on one side) that you push.

In contrast, T5HO, T5NO, T8 and T12 bulbs are the traditional fluorescent bulbs that you may be used to seeing.

There are also screw in compact fluorescent bulbs (the kind that have been replacing incandescent bulbs).
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.