The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

What power bars with timers ("power centers") do you use? After visiting Big Al's I asked one of the employees which one he prefered and thought was best. His comments were that they were all very bad and people were constantly bringing back ones that had failed. He then said that he uses a regular Ground Fault Protected Power Bar with the Marineland "Mechanical" Timers.
http://www.bigalsonline.com/BigAlsUS/ctl3684/cp18362/si1379723/cl0/marinelandaquariumlighttimer

If I did this, I would have to split the outlets of 2 timers - 2 for my lights on one timer, and 2 for my c02 on another. Would this be electrically safe?

Do you guys have an experience or opinions with these?

Thanks to all.

Randy B.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
He then said that he uses a regular Ground Fault Protected Power Bar with the Marineland "Mechanical" Timers.
That would work well although I've never used those specific timers. I plug the power stip into the timer for multiple light setups. It works well as long as you don't mind everything coming on and going off at the same time.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahh thank you. What I may do, because I can only work off of one wall socket is: Run one power bar off the wall socket and connect things that will need to be on all the time - filter and heater. Then connect a timer to this power bar and run a second power bar off of the timer. This will control my lights, co2, etc.

Thanks for the idea Yoink.

RandyB.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Anyone have any experience with the Power Center? I am confused how the 3rd outlet works... does it have to be 15 minutes?

I would like to be able to time my lunar lights and shut my co2 off independent of my lights.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts