The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi yall,
I've had pothos in my 20g tank for about 6 months now and it's pretty cool. Just wanted to know if it would do better to put the roots in running water or in still water.

Also, I plucked some creeping Jenny from my garden and put it in 2 jars (1 where the plant is emersed and 1 where it's submerged. Both are doing fine. Just wanna see how many people have terrestial creeping Jenny in their tank, and if they keep it submerged and emersed.

·
Registered
5 gal, 10 gal, 54 gal, all planted simply
9 Posts
Hi yall,
I've had pothos in my 20g tank for about 6 months now and it's pretty cool. Just wanted to know if it would do better to put the roots in running water or in still water.

Also, I plucked some creeping Jenny from my garden and put it in 2 jars (1 where the plant is emersed and 1 where it's submerged. Both are doing fine. Just wanna see how many people have terrestial creeping Jenny in their tank, and if they keep it submerged and emersed.
I keep my pothos roots open in the water, and i have the tank return blowing across it. roots are nice and long, and the pothos is branching out very well! Share some pics of your tank!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've collected Creeping Jenny from my garden several times. It always transitions well to it's aquatic form, grows nice and vertical and is pretty undemanding. As an aquatic plant it is typically known as 'Golden Lloydiella'. A very under rated plant IMO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts