The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which one would you prefer?

Both Potassium Sulfate (K2SO4) or Potassium Chloride (KCl) can be obtained from gardening stores. K2SO4 is often referred to as "Sulfate of Potash", and KCl is referred to as Muriate of Potash.

Which one is better as aqua fert.?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I have always used K2SO4 which is what Rex steered me to. But I don't know that its better. It dissolves easily.

·
Registered
165 Posts
If you dose KNO3 and KH2PO4 via EI, you should usually have enough K. I use K2SO4 to dose extra K when I need it though.
Keep in mind tho that depending on your plant density and fish population you might not have to dose much KNO3 or KHPO4 at all since N and P are a by-product of decaying fish food and fish waste. If that is the case then your only source of K will be K2SO4 (since you dont want an OD of N or P) which is why I also have that on hand.

James

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Keep in mind tho that depending on your plant density and fish population you might not have to dose much KNO3 or KHPO4 at all since N and P are a by-product of decaying fish food and fish waste. If that is the case then your only source of K will be K2SO4 (since you dont want an OD of N or P) which is why I also have that on hand.

James
I have a fully planted 40 gallon breeder with 24 tetras and ~9 WPG. I definately have to dose extra KNO3 and KH2PO4. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.