The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else getting screwed by the post office?? I ordered some plants off of a fellow member who mailed out my plants the morning after I asked for them. He mailed them 2 day priority....Well...its been 4 days, and even if they show up monday, I doubt that the plants have made it..How can they even offer a service if they cant follow through w it? Any one else experiencing this crap? I have more orders otw and its really making me rethink the whole process.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I've had my local post office hold a package for 4 days (6 days total shipping) even though I payed for 2 day. Luckily it was only anubias and java moss so I didn't lose anything but it was still very frustrating. I haven't bothers using USPS since then.

It might be worth calling the post office that delivers to you and ask where it is or if you can pick it up from them

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Priority mail is not guaranteed to be delivered in 2-3 days which is kind of misleading because it can take longer. The good news is I have had plants that took 5-6 days to get to me and that is when the weather was really cold and all the plants arrived just fine. It helps if the seller is experienced in shipping plants and packaged them properly. Plants will do fine in the mail for more than 4 days if they are protected from extreme cold or heat so hopefully you will get your plants and they will be just fine.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
I thought, that when you pay for the priority flat rate 2day boxes to deliver them they are supposed to be guaranteed. They even put the delivery day and date on the reciept when it is printed out. The only thing that isn't guaranteed is livestock but it includes insurance

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
5-10 days is not an issue in most cases as the freight is kept in warehouses at night at least. The lack of light is not any different from a few cloudy days of no sunlight.
How can they ? Well since you have kept your word 100% of the time I can see how you would have the right to ask that question. The rest of us just either send it
by "ovenight" or take our chances.
I just got some plants that came from about 6-700 miles from me andit took 7 days.
I could have road a bicycle there in that time.
But the plants are now growing in my tank so what is the difference ?
You might try keeping it down to mildly irritated unless they die on you.
It sure makes it easier on me to do that.
P.S. I have also ordered a few from Malaysia and it takes from 19-21 days for them to get to me. The Filipine Java fern and the Fissidens made it but the others didn't.
But then I knew that 20 days was a lot so I never bothered the seller about it.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I thought, that when you pay for the priority flat rate 2day boxes to deliver them they are supposed to be guaranteed. They even put the delivery day and date on the reciept when it is printed out. The only thing that isn't guaranteed is livestock but it includes insurance
This is right from USPS site

5) Is the scheduled delivery day guaranteed?
Priority Mail remains a non-guaranteed service. The Postal Service does not provide a money-back guarantee if items sent via Priority Mail fail to arrive by the scheduled delivery date. However, Priority Mail Express continues to provide a money-back guarantee* service for most domestic destinations***.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I say their guarantee delivery day is about 70% accurate. It happened to me with one of my packages to UT. 8 days to get there instead of 2 as promised. And I had one USPS first class mail went missing for 8 days without any tracking information updated. It finally showed up on the 11th day. :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well...whatever it is, it sucks :) And the weather is nice here, for now..And these packages are coming from a few states away, just hoping their weather stays mild also. Ive ordered plenty of things that made it within 2-3 days, I just hate the randomness of delivery. Mainly its the whole not updating tracking until the day it arrives I dont like. I may not have them yet, but id like to know they are at least almost here. Not still showing only when they left the original post office almost a week ago.

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
The last 6 months or so have been horrible. Tracking not updated, and extra days in delivery. Still, the post is right down the street from me and the others are difficult for me to get to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts