The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s up guys? Thank you in advance

Brand new to the forum. Looking to set up my first planted tank. I am not looking to rush the build. I understand it is way better understand what you are doing before you do it. So far I have the tank, LED lights, CO2, substrate and wood. I am trying to understand many thing about this hobby. With particular confusion about water ph, kh, hard H20, etc. I’ll keep reading…
What do you guys think about a electronic water monitor? This seems like a good idea. Though there are always positives and negatives. What can you guys tell me about the pros and cons? Any high quality make and models to recommend? Thank you! Any knowledge is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Welcome to TPT!

What size aquarium? Others will probably ask more specific questions regarding equipment brands and models as well as your goals on whether you are interested in a high or low maintenance planted tank.

Are you looking for more hands free water monitoring or would you be satisfied with liquid reagent test kits? If you haven't already bought a test kit, I recommend buying one and also testing your source (tap) water to give you a baseline on what you have.

Any plans for fish or invertebrates eventually?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dee,

Thanks for writing back. All the equipment I have I have been slowly collecting when I find it and it is a good deal…
I have a 25 gallon and a 55 gallon tank at this time. I’ve got some nice Kessel LED‘s, can’t remember the brand of the CO2 regulator, but it is of nice quality. The CO2 is a 5 lb bottle. A Marineland TS2 and a Fluval 206 filter.
I travel a lot for work and am gone for days at time frequently. I think a more hands off approach would be best. I had my water tested and have been looking for the results for the last hour! I’ll have to get back to you guys when I find them. I am on well water and if I remember correctly my mineral content was high enough to install an RO. Planning on haveing my tank/tanks in the basement where I can store a large amount of RO water for water changes.

I would like to build Iwagumi type tank. Small fish and Invertebrates.
Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts