The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently watched a green machine video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2oUzP7CL4M.

Originally I was very happy with the scape, and I still am. I was having a talk with someone who was saying the moss tree on the right could create such an amazing centerpiece for a jungle style scape and to check out some jungle scapes. I now really like that as I prefer a much more natural look.

Below is what my tank currently looks like and I will describe a general idea of where I want to move everything.

So I wan to use the big piece of DW on the right as my main center focus. I am going to be taking out all of the lava rock (at least most) to make room for the plants.

1.) The large moss tree on the right will be the focus and moved slightly to the left (maybe 2 inches).

2.) The DW on the left side will be taken down. It will instead be laid more flat on the ground to not take away from the main DW piece as the focus.

3.) I will probably keep the Blynx Japonica packed night a tight against the bottom of the moss tree to simulate as if it was growing out around the base of the tree.

4.) I want to try to put low growing and dense plants directly around the tree and the DW I will be laying flat.

So my questions are these.

1.) Should I place the tall growing plants in the center with small plants on the sides? As seen in that green machine youtube video.

2.) Should the DW on the left be placed further away from the moss tree or right up against it somehow leaving an open area on the left side of the tank?

3.) Should I place tall growing plants around the sides and behind the tree?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
1) The reason that was done in the video was because the tank was viewable from all sides, so therefore having tall plants in the centre made sense. Here have tall plants in the back.
2) Further away I think would look better.
3) At the back put tall plants. Have plants descend in height from back to front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.