The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that on some of the molting shells from my RCS there is some red coloring instead of being clear, almost as if when they molt their "skin" is coming off with the shell if you get what I mean. Is this a sign that they are having problems molting?

·
Banned
107 Posts
I've noticed that on some of the molting shells from my RCS there is some red coloring instead of being clear, almost as if when they molt their "skin" is coming off with the shell if you get what I mean. Is this a sign that they are having problems molting?
I've had one or two RCS molts with a little red left in the discarded shell. The molted shrimp were fine with no visible damage in their new shell. It doesn't happen very often, or I am missing it when it does happen. Either way I haven't seen any problems arise from color in discarded molt shells. I'm not sure why it happens or if it is a negative occurrence, just sharing my limited experience.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.