The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i bought this 5 gal no name rimless tank and i have been running it for a while. a few weeks into use there was a small little piece that chipped off in the back edge. i looked at the area around the chip and there are air bubbles in the seam. should i be concerned? how should i go about fixing this?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so the side with the chip has less bubbles and is towards the top of the tank. however on the opposite side of the tank, towards the bottom, there are a ton of bubbles in the seam. do you think this could be a problem? the tank it made of in total i believe 3 pieces. the front is one piece with rounded corners which attaches to the back piece. so where these two pieces meets is where the bubbles are.

Attachments

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea thats what im scared of. but i really dont want to break it down and have to reseal everything but i might just have to.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
eh, I've got nothing, I'm over my head.

I'd guess that the pressures on something that small are pretty weak compared to the thickness of glass, etc.

But that's not worth much if it does decide to start leaking after you've left for the day.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks i drained about 60% of the water. im not really sure what to do with it since it has aqua soil in it and ive never broken down a tank with aquasoil before. so i might buy a similar sized tank and transfer everything over and use this one as a small green house or terrarium or something

1 - 8 of 8 Posts