The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Recently one of my White Clouds had some strange looking long, clear looking poop type thing coming from it.

Is this a sign of an internal parasite, or something else? I really haven't had a problem though really. The only thing I can think of is I introduced some new plants recently from a LFS.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
It can be a sign of internal parasites. How has the fish been acting? Does anything else look off about it?

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Definitely looks parasitic to me, but I'm not great at diagnostics. I would, personally, treat it as parasites but I'd be interested in seeing what others think.

·
Registered
20 Posts
White stringy poo is a sign of a fish pooping with very little waste. Basically its mostly mucus and in most cases is completely normal. It could also be a number of things. 1) Parasites 2)Internal bacteria infection 3) Stress or illness causing the fish to not eat.

It could simply just be that the fish hasn't eaten for a while. Maybe just a bit slow to the food or something. This could just be a few hours of eating nothing.

Make sure it is eating, if it does. Monitor its waste production. If possible, catch some of the faecal casts and have a closer look, although without a microscope this can be difficult, but it is possible to see some parasites with the naked eye. If it starts moving, that's definitely a problem. :oops:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts