The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking once everything is all said and done, ill go with: 2-3 OTOs, 5-6 black neons or phantom black tetras, 2-3 corys (not sure which yet), 2 A.cacatuoides, and a few MTS

any suggestions or something i should be wary of?

·
Registered
53 Posts
This is almost what I have. I have a pair of Apisto C's with a school of rasboras. I recently got like 5 panda corys and I have noticed a little bit of territorial behavior from the female but nothing serious. I'm sure with the 20L there will be enough swimming space for the corys to just move to the other end of the tank. Just provide driftwood and lots of plants so they can stay out of eachothers hair.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
the only thing i see is the otos... They tend to want to be in groups of 3+, so 2-3 is on the very low end of how many you would want. 3-5 may be more appropriate to keep them happy.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Otos and corys are schooling fishes and only feel really comfy when in larger groups especially with somewhat aggressive tankmates around. I would go with less species, but more individuals there. If you want all those different species, I'd say either get a bigger tank or another tank besides this one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts