The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an eheim ecco on my 29g tall. It has the swivel out put on it. . This nozzel output doesn't provide much of a spread when the water exits, like my fluval does. So it's either moving the water at the top, which is fine, but then I get muck on the substrate. So if I point it down, the substrate is much better but I get the film on the surface. I do run an airstone but only at night. I can't seem to find a happy medium with this. It doesn't seem like there are any other ways of putting this output in the tank, and I think a spray bar might be a bit much for the tank. Be it going across or down the tank.

I looked at the lilly pipes but I don't feel like spending $$$$ on those right now and I'm not sure they would help me really. Is there a better output nozzel for this filter I could pick up? Amazon hasn't provided much, and I wasn't sure if there was an output from a different filter that would work better. I don't mind ditching the pre bent tube for something better if need be. I hope this makes sense to you guys.

·
Premium Member
Rank Amateur
1,370 Posts
film on the surface is begging for a skimmer. Whether it's one of those eheim skim 350s or the ones that attach to the intake of your filter. I never put much stock into skimmers but it's a godsend for film. I'm starting to even wonder if I can agitate less or even decrease flow and still get that stable gas exchange given that I have a skimmer now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts