The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Let me know what you think. And if you can id any plants in the pictures, please let me know. I only know a couple.

^20 gal. full tank shot ^

^20 gal. right side ^

^20 gal. left side ^

^3 gal. shrimp only tank^

^2 adults and 1 baby RCS ^

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
it'd be nice to post the images directly onto here instead of posting links. Most people don't like clicking on links for every picture.

And I think you could seriously make the tank look much bigger. Though the tank was only about 5 gallons and was really surprised to hear it was 20 gallons.

I also believe the plant on the right is not an aquatic plant. Or maybe its some kind of sword. I'm not a fan of swords so I wouldn't know.

I would recommend you get some cheap stem plants that you find pretty and start planting those. I remember my first tank. Very bare and boring. Then I got a bunch of stem plants and it got all exciting! It wasn't great aquascaping but I was damn flipping happy!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How do I post the pictures directly on here? I wasn't sure how to. Also, how can I make it look bigger? I don't really like the tank itself. I'd rather have a long one than a tall one.

James, here's the tank specs...
20gal. All Glass Aquarium
~flourite substrate
~no CO2, dose flourish 1ml/2-3days
~15watt that came with the All Glass Aquarium hood(hoping to upgrade for cheap...suggestions?)
~All rocks(and a few extra not shown) came from a creek in my hometown
Plants~Christmas Moss, Java moss, Java Fern, Najas Grass, dwarf riccia, and a couple I don't know(please id them if you know what they are)
Inhabitants~female marble molly, 2 zebra danios, 4 neon tetras, male betta(stepdaughter's fish...his name's Garret:hihi: ), Rubbernose Pleco(my son's fish...name's Hot Wheels because he eats so fast), 3 ghost shrimps, and some snails *soon to house 2 dwarf crayfish*

3gal. Eclipse
~flourite substrate
~no CO2, dose flourish .25ml-.5ml/2-3 days
~6watt that came with the system
~All rocks came from hometown creek
Plants~Christmas moss, dwarf riccia, najas grass, and 1 still needs id'd
Inhabitants~about 6 RCS and 5 Rainbow Shrimp *soon to add 30 or so more RCS*

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
front left "carpet" piece is dwarf riccia
The mosses are both xmas and a type I have that I still have yet to id

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Yup, normal in any startup of a tank. I had it in my 10 gallon during a major replant/rescape for a month. After I scraped it all off and did a big water change, it never came back.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.