The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found one of my Neon Tetra's floating at the top, half eaten :( So I just checked my params and ammonia is at .2ppm. There was about an 18 hour period where I didn't look at the tank, so the fish could possibly have been dead that long. Do you think it's just from the dead neon, or something else possibly causing an ammonia spike? Just did a WC Saturday.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry I was disheartened and forgot to give yall more info. It's a 10gal that had 5 tetras(now 4) and 2 juli corys. The tank has been running for almost like 6months now, and I just checked my parameter on Friday, I check em every week and everything was fine before. It's lightly planted, only Amazon sword, Water Wisteria, and Java Moss, no dead or rotting leaves floating around. This is the first fish death in the tank. Oh and don't know if it matter, currently battling a snail infestation.

Should I do a water change b/c of this ammonia or will that cause other issues? It's low tech I only do WC about once a month, but as I said I check parameter weekly.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
**Another one**

I came home to find another poor little Neon dead 2day. I just tested the water like 2days ago and everything was fine. I just can't think of what would be killing the tetras, I don't overfeed, anyone have anymore ideas? I usually do a WC every other Saturday since it's low tech.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.