The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone had had success with layering sand over Eco Complete? I have a 50 lb bag of pool filter sand that I was planning to use in the 55 gallon I'm setting up (was going to do a Malawi rift cichlid tank but have changed my mind and want to do a planted community tank). I could try to sell the bag of sand if worse comes to worse, but I do like the look of it and it's easy maintain. If I were to start the plants in Eco Complete and then put a small layer of sand over top of it, do you think the sand would choke out the plants growing in the bottom layer?

·
Registered
336 Posts
+1 for the above..... It's called the law of "gravity". ......(wish I knew how that worked)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah, makes sense. Yeah, I could see how that would end up looking terrible after a while. I'll try to sell off the sand then since it just doesn't seem to jive with other substrate materials. Thanks everyone for the input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.