The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad is having a pretty large pond (50'x100'x7') dug in his back yard. We live in NW Florida, zone 8 climate. He is considering stocking the pond with brim and bass. I'd like to plant whatever plants and put and wood/rocks as soon as its dug, so as to not have to dive to do it. What types of submerged plants would be good to put in the pond? Are there any other types of fish he should put in there? I'm open to any ideas/suggestions. Thanks.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Vals could be cool. Not sure if they're compatible with those fish.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Is this going to be a lined pond or an earthen bottomed pond? Have you found out what kinds of plants to put in there yet? If not, let me know and I'll list some common pond plants that are beautiful yet tough.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Have you checked on the local regulations on introducing non-native plant/animal species in you area?

If there are nearby waterways, your area could have a lot of rules against introducing potentially invasive species.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.