The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an infestation of Pond snails. Its starting to look pretty bad. They poop all over the leaves of my anubias. I dont have any fish right now so my co2 is at 4bps. A very light yellow drop checker. Pond snails have no problem with that. I'm annoyed.

Assassin snails. I read they borrow which is not good for my plans. What can I do ? I'm thinking of building a trap, but I only see that as a method of control. Hmm...

·
Registered
361 Posts
Put a piece of cucumber in there and let them swarm it, then take it out and scrape em off. Rinse and repeat. Don't feed anything else to the tank, shouldn't be a problem if you don't have any fish in there. Also smash em with your fingers when you can. It's not foolproof, but should help keep numbers in check.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Put a piece of cucumber in there and let them swarm it, then take it out and scrape em off. Rinse and repeat. Don't feed anything else to the tank, shouldn't be a problem if you don't have any fish in there. Also smash em with your fingers when you can. It's not foolproof, but should help keep numbers in check.
Yeah this is what I plan to do. I guess ...

Funny thing is that I don't have fish, and you would wonder why they are flourishing and so fast. I have baby hydra which they seem to love. Hydra has been reduced to almost nothing.

·
Invert Warrior
3,886 Posts
Interesting that they eat hydra..

Also flubenzonole (I can never spell this right ._.) should kill them in concentrations, along with killing any potential planaria and hydra.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.