The Planted Tank Forum banner

What do you think about the Planted Aquarium Podcast?

• I love the Planted Aquarium Podcast!

Votes: 19 47.5%
  • I like the show, but there needs to be more depth/longer.

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I like the show, but it needs to be lighter/shorter.

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • I like the show, but there needs to be more segments.

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • I like the show, but somebody else needs to be doing it.

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • I don't listen to podcasts.

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • What's a podcast?

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I thought you needed a Mac to listen to podcasts.

• Meh... It's not for me.

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Podcasts, I don't need no stinking podcasts.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the Planted Aquarium Podcast!
I like the show, but there needs to be more depth/longer.
I like the show, but it needs to be lighter/shorter.
I like the show, but there needs to be more segments.
I like the show, but somebody else needs to be doing it.
I don't listen to podcasts.
What's a podcast?
I thought you needed a Mac to listen to podcasts.
Meh... It's not for me.
Podcasts, I don't need no stinking podcasts.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
I listened to some of one, I don't think I'm into it as of yet.

I do listen to some podcasts, but I dunno.

Keep it up though, maybe I'll become a fan.

-Andrew

·
Super Moderator
12,058 Posts
How is it that 72 people looked, but only 10 people voted? Get your vote in such that we can tweak the show, persevere, or give up! thanks d
Some people, like me, surely keep checking back to see how the poll is progressing, hence more views than votes

·
Registered
390 Posts
x2

Enjoyed everything so far, voted as well. Keep it up!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Went to listen to one and it wanted me to install software to listen!
I have enough bloatware to manage and I dont want more. If it was posted in a standard media format then I would listen.
Or maybe I missed a link to such a file!
md

Well I guess I went to a different or bad link before! It all works fine
Thanks

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh good grief. If that ever happens again try to let me know what happened.
Strange! I'm glad you were able to listed!
d

Went to listen to one and it wanted me to install software to listen!
I have enough bloatware to manage and I dont want more. If it was posted in a standard media format then I would listen.
Or maybe I missed a link to such a file!
md

Well I guess I went to a different or bad link before! It all works fine
Thanks

·
Registered
361 Posts
Better time management with more depth.

When listening to the pod cast I was disappointed that after hearing of Tom's many years of using DIY CO2 methods there was no interest in what he might have to share from that experience. For those of use thinking of using yeast reactors his lessons/experiences concerning DIY CO2 setups might have been of some interest. Otherwise it was very entertaining.

One suggestion might be to send out a preliminary questionnaire to people being interviewed. Their responses could then give you an idea of were you might spend the bulk of your time during the actual interview.

Good luck you two.

What's That Bug?
A great place to find out about Scorpions, Whipscorpions and Vinegaroons.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
I listened to a bit of each podcast today and really enjoyed them. I do think Jennifer needs to do more of the talking though, lol, j/k.

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
When listening to the pod cast I was disappointed that after hearing of Tom's many years of using DIY CO2 methods there was no interest in what he might have to share from that experience. For those of use thinking of using yeast reactors his lessons/experiences concerning DIY CO2 setups might have been of some interest. Otherwise it was very entertaining.

One suggestion might be to send out a preliminary questionnaire to people being interviewed. Their responses could then give you an idea of were you might spend the bulk of your time during the actual interview.

Good luck you two.

What's That Bug?
A great place to find out about Scorpions, Whipscorpions and Vinegaroons.
that's a good point. you have to ask questions that you think we'd want to hear. Maybe post who you'll interview and questions you might ask and we can chime in to what we'd want to ask if we were in your position.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey,
We're glad you've been listening to the podcast and enjoying some of what you've been hearing. We like the idea about more technical information, but should probably share that our vision is to pursue the personal angle with our guests within a relatively informal structure. One of the things we're most excited about for the podcast is letting folks get to know people beyond their posts. We're hoping to create an enhanced sense of community.
We do think creating a podcast where the hosts pick brains and ask specific questions is a great idea. There's lots of room for more aquarium related podcasts out there. Maybe you'll start one up!
Jennifer and David

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
Hey, you should just make one thread and post in it whenever you get a new episode. I didn't even know that a third pod cast came out until I read a few posts on here, because I was just waiting to see the original planted aquarium podcast thread to pop up in my subscribed threads folder. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hey yourself, lol

The point mistergreen is trying to make is that you might think about the audience when you ask a question. The common interests.

My point is just an observation. I felt like there was a rush to get to your next question without giving closure to the last remark from your guest. Expand on some of your guests answers. I was not suggesting a change in your style, (it's fun) just let the guest be the star.

20% of respondents suggesting the show should be lighter/shorter.
If "20%" of the responses to the poll think the show is to long, keep things short but interesting. The idea for a preliminary questionnaire for the guest is to give them time to consider their response before the show and highlight areas hard to convey to people in a post. No one said anything about adding more technical information.

Your telling me to get my own podcast! Why not think about what I am saying without getting defensive?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Those are some great ideas. I apologize for coming across defensively. Jennifer and I explicitly considered how to write the last post so as not to come across defensively. Oh well, maybe I feel defensive. I apologize. I meant the last comment quite literally though, in a nice way. :red_mouth It's easy to do a podcast, but a little more work than I imagined, he, he. Take care, we'll be doing at least one more episode, so keep an eye out Sunday. d

Hey yourself, lol

The point mistergreen is trying to make is that you might think about the audience when you ask a question. The common interests.

My point is just an observation. I felt like there was a rush to get to your next question without giving closure to the last remark from your guest. Expand on some of your guests answers. I was not suggesting a change in your style, (it's fun) just let the guest be the star.

If "20%" of the responses to the poll think the show is to long, keep things short but interesting. The idea for a preliminary questionnaire for the guest is to give them time to consider their response before the show and highlight areas hard to convey to people in a post. No one said anything about adding more technical information.

Your telling me to get my own podcast! Why not think about what I am saying without getting defensive?

·
Registered
361 Posts
I forgot to thank you for your hard work and I would hate to see it end. Your podcast is fun to listen to. If you gave some of us a heads up and email the name of your next guest, (after this sunday) a joint effort might keep it going. I would have no problem lending a hand. A podcast might be too much for me on my own and a weekly podcast is a lot of work I'm sure.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts