Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reactor

Votes: 5 100.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have set up my CO2 system going into a power head but I feel this isn't going to work. So should I use a diffuser or reactor, which works best for dissolving the CO2?

·
Registered
10 Posts
A well built reactor will give you the most absorption but isn't always practical. So it depends on your setup. Diffusor is cheap and easy...just depends on if you mind or want to see the little bubbles.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Having tried a reactor I'm of the opposite opinion. I found the bubbles out of my reactor were significantly larger than those I now get from an in-line diffuser on the in-take line of an external pump I use for circulation purposes. Another problem I had with the reactor was noise and the accumulation of gas in the top of it (it was clear so I could see what was happening). Maybe a better designed reactor would have worked better. The micro bubbles I now get from the diffuser look more like a mist than actual bubbles and I see none that rise to the surface.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.