The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if it would benefical to have copepods in a african rift lake setup? I currently have a 240g with various Malawi fish species. The tank use to be salt and their were a lot of benefits to having them back then. I also currently have malaysian trumpet snails and some nerites...

I've read some posts where people go to FW lakes and scoop some algae or sand/dirt and put it in their tanks. I personally wouldn't want to do this but was wondering if there is anyone out there who keeps them.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Fairly sure there isn't much you can do to prevent them. I don't know where I got mine from but I have some in my shrimp tank and every once in a while I'll see a fish snatch one up out of my community tank. There are all kinds of small bugs that get into your tanks without you even knowing it. Dragonfly larva, mayfly larva, copepods, hydra, planeria and the list goes on. As far as being good for your tank, it's free fish food so doesn't hurt.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.